If you are looking for some extra income there are literally hundreds of websites posting work for transcriptionists or for someone to do small computer jobs. Working online from home is going to be the way of the future, so embrace the idea and think about what you would like to do for a living and see if FIVERR can accommodate you.
Okay, FIVERR is a company that outsources small jobs for business people who are on a tight budget. They seem to do the job of finding your customers in the most efficient way possible. Customers will connect with Fiverr and make a request under the following categories.
- Logo design – If you click on the above image it will take you to a sample page of the kinds of professional logos you can expect.
- Writing & translation
- Video & animation
- Graphics & design
- Digital marketing
- Fun and lifestyle.
There are subcategories and literally thousands of online jobs you can do. If you just look at the banner I produced at the top of the page. This shows you only two jobs that people have chosen for themselves. You can literally start a business from home just with this one website.
You can charge for your service from $5 up to $10K by offering your clients three option packages.
- Basic Package let say for $5 to $10
- Intermediate Package for $15 to $45
- An Ultimate Package for $50 to ??? whatever you want.
Things to be aware of
FIVERR will take 20% of the money you earn as they are providing you a service by connecting you with clients, so be aware and factor that expense into your pricing. Remember you also will have to pay tax too so add in that percentage also.
Example – you might want $15 to write a 300-word article for a magazine. Add on 20% for FIVERR which will make it $18 then let’s say the tax is 10%, so add on another $1.80, so the cost for your GIG would be $19.80 for you to write your 300-word article.
A typical request from a client can be for something like an e-cover book design for an affiliate, or you might be asked to do some blog content writing, or you might decide to go online and hit like buttons on certain Facebook or Pinterest pages for a client. Maybe even design a logo. There are literally hundreds of different jobs you can do.
For this blog, I will choose my interest and go through the process of offering my skills as a graphics designer to FIVERR at a price that is a little more realistic than $5.
The information you will need to provide
The first step is to:
- Log onto https://www.fiverr.com/login click the green join button at the top right-hand corner, then enter your best email address, one that you check regularly.
- Choose a Username – I would choose Coucka
- Choose a Password – 8 characters or longer, with upper and lower case letters and numbers. Then hit JOIN. (Remember to keep a copy of this information in case you forget it.)
- In the menu bar at the top click on “Become A Seller”
- Fill out the profile page and give as much detail as you can for the type of job you would be interested in doing and how many hours a week you will work.
- FIVERR will want your social contact details as well to verify you are legitimate.
- Spend some time looking at the categories and subcategories to see what a good fit is for you.
- Think about the kinds of jobs you could do quickly for five or ten dollars.
- Once you know what you want to do for clients, then you can fill out the next document asking you what services you will provide. FIVERR likes to call it your GIG.
- Then you will need to fill out your GIG Package, there is a 5-minute video tutorial showing you exactly the kind of information needed for a preformatted package. So you will need to spend a half hour, or so, filling out that form.
- Don’t undersell your services. I will be offering a Basic Package for $10, A Professional Package for $25 and An Ultimate Package for $50. If the client wants your product or service urgently then I would add a surcharge of $10? (that price would be up to you)
- FIVERR then asks me to set up a GIG gallery of three examples of logos and E-covers that are typical of what I will produce for my customers. They also offer to host a 75-second video of your GIG offering. I think this is optional, but it can increase your offers from clients by 40% (apparently). Below is one design I mocked up for Fiverr.
If the job description is vague and the client doesn’t really know what he wants, then that can be a problem. So ask for a lot of details like preferred colours, the exact text needed for the title and subtext etc. This will save you re-editing and in your packages let the clients know how many redo’s you will allow before the price goes up.
If you do go into graphics and do not have the software, you can use a free online app. I found a really easy to use app called SNAPPA https://snappa.com . You can log in and start designing with a limited pallet for free if you like using the app and want more features and unlimited templates then it is $120 for the year.
Here is a video showing you how easy Snappa is to use it lasts around 10 minutes. But this is a fantastic tool for you to create your own graphics and add them to your website if you want to.
Spend as much time as you need to think your packages through. Your skills are valuable and you have bills to pay so be realistic. Check out their example pages in your area of expertise which will help you.
Remember when you first start out, be available and consistent.
You can create one GIG see how you go with it and if you are doing well and want to do more you can create a second GIG perhaps trying something new that you enjoy.
It will not take long before clients will come back looking for you. You can make this a part-time job for a little extra pocket money, or this could be a full-time job depending on your level of interest.
Perhaps, like the man above, you too might like to be playing pranks. This can be a fun way to earn money online.
Remember it is called FIVERR https://www.fiverr.com and this company just may set you free from you’re your annoying boss and less than thrilling current occupation. The good thing is you can try it for a few months before you jump in full time.
I hope you enjoyed this little blog. I will be showing you other ways to make money online. So if you are interested you can leave your email in the box at the top of the page and I will send you out other blog posts.
Also, remember that affiliate marketing is a long-term business to set up. Wealthy affiliates is the smart choice to join with. It is free to join and you can try before you buy. There is nowhere else that will give you two free websites, 10 free lessons and a community of thousands to help support you when you are down or stuck. Click Wealthy Affiliate if you want to want to learn how to generate passive income.
If you choose otherwise, then FIVERR is an option to look at. Click the image below.
If you have any questions you can leave them in the comment box and I will get back to you ASAP.