15 free resources to build your websites
All of us Newbies to the world of “Affiliate Marketing” need a good solid foundation for our business, which is our websites. Sometimes we just do not have the money to pay for the things that we need, so I have been doing a little research to see what resources are out there for free, or super cheap.
Here, I will show you what I have discovered on the internet, a veritable treasure trove of free resources that you can upgrade at a later date, once the money comes in.
So hold onto your hats, here they are and I hope you like them:
RESOURCES FOR IMAGES
1. UNSPLASH – have beautiful, high-quality free images you can download and use for any project. No acknowledgment or fee is required. I use unsplash a lot; it helps if you have an idea of what sort of image you are looking for, otherwise you will be browsing for ages and it is easy to get diverted by beautiful images. Be clear about what you want and don’t get side-tracked.
2. PIXABAY – have photos, illustrations, vector graphics and videos. No acknowledgment or fee is required. If you cannot find what you want on unsplash then pixabay should be your next stop.
3. FREE DIGITAL PHOTOS every image is free, with an option to buy larger images at reasonable prices. You can download free and premium stock photos and illustrations for websites, advertising materials, newspapers, magazines, eBooks, book covers and pages, music artwork, software applications and much more.
Remember some images with higher resolution will cost you money. Do not be tempted at this stage. You need to have your pages load quickly, so resist the temptation. Smaller images are fast loading on your website and will increase your standing with Google, and you will be rewarded with higher rankings.
4. GETTY IMAGES Has royalty free images and also has a range of high-quality images at a price.
5. PEXELS is another great website for free images. I have used this site a few times as well.
RESOURCES FOR FREE GIFTS
6. IDplr.com is an AMAZING company that has a FREE member’s area for 500 products for which you will have the resell rights. These products can be eBooks, Software and Scripts, Videos, Articles and Graphics. I love, love, LOVE free stuff!
Check to see if the product you want for your niche has the give-away rights. Some products are limited in what you can do with them. It is good to look around and see what stock they have that suits your niche.
There is a GOLD members section if you see something that you must have the rights for, but it’s not in the free section. You may decide to make your eBook as a PDF to give away; the only investment would be your time. But time is valuable, so this website is a great idea and a huge time saver. If you are interested in giving gifts to your subscribers, then IDplr is the site for you.
RESOURCES TO DESIGN INFOGRAPHICS
7. CANVA is amazing for designing Pins or anything else for social media. You can use their graphics package for free. They have premade designs where you can just change the text to suit your website. Some of the designs are not free but there are enough of both for you to enjoy. The graphics are for all social media, so they have figured out the size and shape depending on if you want it for Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter or anything else. I download files as .png and the quality is excellent. After spending only 2 hours, I knocked out 12 designs for my Pinterest Boards… Awesome!
SNAPPA I have to admit I loved the software that Snappa had to offer and their video tutorial showed just how quick and easy it is to smash out quality graphics. The down-side is if you want to save your work, you have to pay for the up-grade $120 for the year. I have Photoshop and Adobe Painter, so I don’t need Snappa, but as a graphics package, I have to say I was impressed. Snappa has a vast image base for you to design your logos or whatever your need.
Once my website is financially working, I would seriously consider this package because the templates are all set out for social media, and it would be a massive time saver. The upside is you can still do the design at snappa and then take a screenshot of your work. It will not be high resolution, but if you are on a shoe-string, it will do.
8. PEBBLED This website claims that Pebbled is better than Snappa, and they offer for you to try them free for 15 days. They say they are the only design and web development company you will ever need. I guess if you are organised, and know what kind of logos and graphics you need; you have two weeks to bash it all out before the door slams in your face. Just make sure to make backups of your files before the 15 days is up.
I invite you to check them out for yourself. Personally, I am hooked on Snappa.
RESOURCES FOR OUTSOURCING JOBS CHEAP (Not free)
9. FIVERR– I wrote a blog on Fiverr, and this is a service that I will be looking at in the future once I get to the stage where I am building my funnel and building out my subscribers list. Fiverr can supply you with cheap labour for just about anything. Some people will write you a blog for $5. I don’t know if it will be a quality blog, but I take a whole day to write a single blog so even if you have to edit it still saves time. I use Grammarly to edit my work before I cut and paste into the WA editing page. The reason I do a double edit is Grammarly, and the WA programs look at different aspects of Grammar and spelling. I think Grammarly is a better program for non-US English. Check out my Fiverr blog here if you are interested. Click Here
10. SLIDESHARE is a community for sharing your eBook to increase your audience base. Eventually, you will be producing your own eBooks, I know you don’t think so but the way of the future is YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and eBooks. Slide share will broaden your audience and bring them to your website, which is where you need them. Keep SlideShare in mind.
11. QUORA– Is another community for sharing information, and if you can answer questions in your niche, it is a great place to draw people to your website for the information they are looking for and a great chance for getting more subscribers.
I just signed up and got my first follower after an hour. That’s pretty cool.
RESOURCES FROM SUCCESSFUL AFFILIATE MARKETERS
12. BUZZSUMO this is a website by Joe Pulizzi, and it is geared towards Influencer marketing. http://buzzsumo.com/knowledge/buzzsumo-api/ will take you to their latest knowledge base for posts. There is some fascinating reading there.
13. OKDORK – Noah Kagan has some resources that you can look at on his website. They say knowledge is power, so when you have finished digesting everything Wealthy Affiliates has to offer, you can check out other viewpoints and their resources.
Noah has a page with his favourite Tools,
- 3 favourite Videos
- 3 favourite Podcast Episodes
- 3 Favourite Guides all of these are related to affiliate marketing.
14. SMASHWORDS is free to join, and it can help you to publish your eBook, it also has free eBooks for you to download in every niche. I am not sure if you get the rights to give the free eBooks away on your site, but that would be easy enough to find out. They have books on every subject so there might be something to can find for yourself to help give you ideas for your niche. Check it out – it looks pretty cool.
15. SNIPLY – I use the free version of sniply all the time to post my blogs on social media. It is fun, fun, fun and you can save your sniply shortcodes to a data file for when you want to repost old material to keep it in the public’s eye. There is an upgrade, but you can wait for that when you have money in the bank.
So that is it for this blog. I hope you find something in this list you can use for your websites. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comment box, and I will get back to you ASAP.
Bye for now Coucka